photo SummertimeAnnouncements.png New posts coming soon :)

December 17, 2009

Birthday Week


Sorry, I've been kinda of MIA with post since my merge with Leelou Blogs but it has been a busy week for me. The month of December is super crazy for us every year. We have 6 birthdays in the month of December in my family. First starts with my middle sister whose birthday on the 4th, my dad's on the 14th, mine on the 16th, my daughter is on the 17th (she was due on Christmas Eve), my brother-in-law (married to my middle sister) on the 20th and their daughter on the 21st. Yes, yesterday was my 34th birthday and it was a good day of relaxing, laying around watching movies. I don't know what my hubby got me because he forgot it at work. He has been stressed lately there so I forgive him.

Tonight is my daughter, Avery, who is 6 today, birtday party with only family & close friends. We decided that we will have a big party with all her friends in the spring. When you have birthdays in Decemenber, it can be costly. I think we are going to celebrate her birthday in the spring with friends and have our family birthday party on her birthday. I know some people do this. My mom and I were talking to this man who had the most adorable looking 1 year old boy the other day in Walmart and his kids birthdays are in December as well and he & his wife have a swimming party for their child in the summer and then celebrate with family in December.

Does anyone else have birthdays in December or close to Christmas? If so, how do you celebrate being so close to Christmas?

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your daughter! My sister's birthday is four days after Christmas and as a child she hated it. Her birthday never seemed really celebrated. I have friends who do a "friend" party for their child in the summer and then just do cake and presents from family in December.

    Hey, stop by BBD. I wrote something about you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son's birthday is on the 8th and my sister-in-law's is on the 11th. We just a small party for him, but when he is older we are going to do a summer party, I think. It's very important to me to let him have his own day and not get it mixed up in Christmas.
    Happy birthday to you and everyone in your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you! My daughter was born on the 6th and our anniversary is on the 31st. Not quite as crazy as your month but still a little crazy for us. I am not sure what we will do for my daughter's party next year. She turned one this year so I assumed people would want to come. Wrong! We may do something in November before Thanksgiving and then for her real birthday only invite a handful of people and go to Build-A-Bear or something. Not sure yet but definitely different from this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son's birthday is on the 20th. Every year we've done a family party because he has A TON of cousins. When he's older we'll do either a spring or summer celebration. Happy belated birthday..glad you had a relaxing day! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you and your daughter. My sisters birthday is also today. She is a youngin. 10 years between us. but I always find it hard for her to celebrate. Maybe doing hers in the spring would be better too. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Queen Elizabeth has two birthdays, a real one on April 21st then another usually the second saturday in June. That was so the weather was better as they have a gun salute and 'trooping the colour' ceremony. Whats good enough for our Queen, is good enough for your little princess! Tell her she can be like the Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter is turning 12 on Dec. 19th. We've always tried to keep birthday and Christmas as seperate as possible. I always wrap birthday presents in "birthday" paper and not Christmas wrap.
    She used to be into sleep overs, but this year we are taking her out to eat and surprising her with a gift that she has really been wanting all year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog and used your tutorial on snow for mine :D thank you!! My daughter turned 6 on the 8th, my husband turned 30 on the 18th so we too have a busy December! This year we went to Disney the week before christmas as a big b-day celebration for both of them (i'm sure it was my husbands pick too) it is hard to find the time to make their day's special when there is so much going on, but I try to every year!

    ReplyDelete