photo SummertimeAnnouncements.png New posts coming soon :)

March 3, 2010

I scared my family - no phone calls

Yesterday, I was wondering why I wasn't getting any phone calls because usually my mom, sisters or friends are calling me.  I look at my phone and it states, 'Check TEL line'.  I contact my phone company and get a repair order on the books when I realize I need to speak with someone.  I finally get someone and let them know that the phone company has been up the street working on something for weeks now and all of a sudden they leave for the day and my line isn't working.  No dial tone but people can call and it just rings & rings.  My order is set for Mar 10...come on can't someone come this week...really...I need my phone.

This morning, I realize I left my cell phone at home when I went grocery shopping.  I get back and realize my cell phone is DEAD and I put it on charge.  I started to turn it on but thought it wouldn't even come on since it was dead.  (should have went with my instincts and turned it on)  I continue on my day with getting everything ready for me to post my new blogger templates on Leelou Blogs and add some new custom headers & signatures to others.  Time has flown by and was around 1pm when I heard a car door so I get up and look out the window and there is my mom, big surprise, since she never comes over to visit, it's the other way around.  I open the door and the first thing out of her mouth is 'Are you alright?  Everyone has been calling you today and couldn't get a hold of you.'  I was like,oh sh*t, I need to turn on my cell phone.  I tell her my cell phone was dead and that my home phone isn't working. She tells me both sisters tried to call my cell & house and I was suppose to go to my middle sister house to pick up some money and I never showed up. (well I forgot)  My mom tells me she called Mel, my hubby, and he informed them of our home phone issue. So now I have to call him to let him know everything is fine which he already assumes since my family are worry warts.

After all this is said and done, my mom leaves immediately after arriving saying she was in the middle of embroidering so she needs to get back.  I have to say I love my mom, she was checking up on her baby but doesn't stay to visit and tells me you can come over tomorrow and I agree.

I just wish my mom would stay and visit with me in my own house once in a while.  It would be so nice.  I'll have to tell her tomorrow that next week it's her turn to visit me or she won't see me ;)

3 comments:

  1. It's so funny how we are all so instantly reachable that the minute we aren't everyone worries. At least they care, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish your mom would have stayed too! Just tell her that it would be nice for her to come visit you for a change. That you would love to share your space with her.
    Hope she gets the message!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love phone issues? And naturally they take their time to come fix it. It's always good to know your family worries about you, though, right?

    ReplyDelete