photo SummertimeAnnouncements.png New posts coming soon :)

January 12, 2011

Week 32 - How Big is Baby w/ Q&A

About our lil Munchkin:
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (per ultrasound today, he weighs 5 lbs15 oz...YIKES)  and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week (if that, I'm plus size so I have gained a total of 4 lbs so far) and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. (umm, he is already measuring BIG)  He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.
 
Baby is the size of an Honeydew


Today's date:January 11, 2010

How far along: 32 weeks

Total weight gain: 4 lbs

Maternity clothes:Yes, of course.  They are sooo comfortable too.  Don't know why I waited so long to buy some.

Sleep:Taking Benadyl to help sleep...recommend by my OB. Tossing & turning...waking to use the bathroom at least 3x a night. I sleep on the couch & recliner now.

Food cravings/aversions: Hostess Chocolate Frosted donuts, mexican food & cheeseburgers STILL

Morning sickness:  No more, it's all COMPLETELY GONE!

Symptoms: more stretching instead of kicks

Labor signs: None

Belly button in or out: Stretching out, almost flat

What I miss: sleeping on my stomach

What I'm looking forward to: getting everything ready for Baby Isaac, gotta go shopping for some more onesis, sleepers & side-snap t-shirts, oh yeah the most important thing, CAR SEAT!


Pregnancy Update:
I'm 32 weeks today and  had an OB appt and little one (baby Isaac) is measuring 35 weeks and weighing 5 lbs 15 oz already but remember give or take a pound on u/s.  Everything looks great (fluid, placenta, etc) except measuring, he's BIG!  I did have traces of sugar in urine but like she said I don't have gestational diabetes and passed w/ flying colors..just have a big baby!

The plan is to get another growth scan at 38 weeks (Feb. 22) and see what his weight is then...if he is 9+ lbs then c-section but she isn't happy about it like me because I've had 3 previous vaginal births and would hate to give a c-section on my 4th but what can we do.  They will not induce or do c-section until 39 weeks.  She said since I went into labor on my own with Owen at 37 weeks w/ my water breaking (he was 7 lbs 14 oz at 37wks), that would be a great thing this time around...but only time will tell.  I told Mel looks like he will get quite lucky in the month of Feb...tons of sex..starting after 36 weeks...LOL

4 comments:

  1. I remember those last days of pregnancy and how sleeping on the couch was better than being in bed. You can prop your back up against the couch, KWIM?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not PREGO are you? HE HE HE- love it! So glad to read and hear everything is going well. You are so close mama! MMMMM, A CHEESE burger... I WANT. love the bump, luv ya! JEN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather,

    KWIM = Know What I Mean

    :)

    ReplyDelete