photo SummertimeAnnouncements.png New posts coming soon :)

November 16, 2010

Week 24 - How Big is Baby w/ Q&A

About our lil Munchkin:
Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop. Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.
 
Baby is the size of an Eggplant


Today's date: November 16, 2010

How far along:  24 weeks

Total weight gain: 1 lbs - lost a pound

Maternity clothes:  Yes, my maternity clothes came in yesterday.  I got 2 pairs of jeans & 3 long-sleeved shirts from Motherhood online.   The jeans fit great & are sooo comfortable but the shirts were way to big.  I exchanged them today in the store for a size smaller.  Good thing they had the exact same shirts.

Sleep:  It's been better now that I sleep with a pillow between my legs.  I keep waking up on my stomach though.

Food cravings/aversions:  Hostess Chocolate Frosted donuts, I actually bought 2 bags today!

Morning sickness:  No more, it's all COMPLETELY GONE!

Symptoms: baby movements (kicks, wiggle worm)

Labor signs: None

Belly button in or out: Still in

What I miss: sleeping on my stomach

What I'm looking forward to: eating tons of food on Thanksgiving!!

What's going on this week: nothing exciting really except shopping for Christmas and possibly the baby too...oh I forgot, I bought a used Best Bottom in Mint Chocolate Chip w/ 6 Hemp & 4 Stay Dry Inserts...all for $35 (saved $20)!  I got it from another mama on my Cloth Diaper Swap board at BabyCenter!!

Pregnancy Update:  Today was my 24 week OB check up. Everything is normal and fine...his heartrate was 150-160...high for a boy, right, well at least for me anyway!!  I got my glucose drink (I choose Lemon-Lime instead of the Orange & Fruit Punch) and have to go in Tuesday for my glucose test.  Wish me luck.  I am scared to death that I will have gestational diabetes since I am overweight to begin with.  She told me not to worry since my other previous pregnancies were fine.  Also, since my youngest, Evan's shoulders got stuck during delivery due to him being a big baby for my frame, she is going to be giving me an ultrasound every 4 weeks to check his growth...so I get an ultrasound at my next appt. on Dec. 14.   I'm looking forward to that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment